Who am I?
Well that’s the big question isn’t it? I am a lot of things to a lot of people but who am I to myself? When I finally figure that out I suspect a whole lot of pieces will fall into place.
So in the mean time I’ll do my best to fill in the blanks. There are so many labels you can stick on me that I suspect I’d disappear under the weight of them all. For my own sanity I try and see the funny side of it all and allow the silver linings and lessons to come through, because it is all too much and can be overwhelming. My life is chaotic, hard to predict, and wonderful. It is full of highs and lows and everything in between. So as I work out who I am I’ll let you know.
I realize most of the time these pages are some sort of online promotional resume but I figure it would be more fun, for me anyway, to add to this and see how it develops over time.
- Sense of humour, weird and slightly dark sense of humor but it’s there and keeps me going.
- My weird and wonderful brain. When it’s actually working at its full capacity it’s awesome.
The In Between
- Determined, not sure if this is good or bad. On the +ve side it helps me keep going however on the -ve side it makes things like pacing myself harder.
- Disability, there I said it. This ol’ gal ain’t what she used to be. Every darned day is now a challenge on multiple fronts just within myself. I’ll share more on this elsewhere but yeah this is a big fat negative in defining who I am.
Lots of Labels
- Mother, Partner/Wife, Daughter, Sister, Friend
- That weird Mum – yep I’m the one who will sit on the sidewalk and rock my child until comforted. I’ll rock up “at least dressed” with my walking stick (usually Lola, yes I name them). I know you’re watching and judging but all that “weird stuff” I do I call parenting and surviving.
- Mum of “those” kids – yeah seriously we hear you, ain’t fooling anyone.